Getting Started with Mio SLICE
Congratulations on your purchase of Mio SLICE, the 24/7 heart rate monitor and activity tracker!
PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence)
PAI is revolutionary new system that turns your heart rate data into a single, personal score, showing how much activity you need to stay healthy. PAI points are calculated based on your heart rate data and personal profile (gender, age, etc.). To earn more PAI points, increase the intensity of whatever activity you choose to get your heart rate up.
The goal is simple: keep your PAI score above 100 each week to live a healthier, longer life*.
Fully charge the Mio SLICE:
- Plug in the USB charger.
- Place SLICE into charger.
- The screen will display a charging icon to indicate that the battery is charging. Depending on the SLICE battery level, it can take a few minutes for the charging icon to appear. It will take approximately 2 hours to fully charge; the display will show a full battery icon.
Download the Mio PAI 2.0 for SLICE app to set up Mio SLICE and customize your settings.
Open the app and follow the prompts to create a PAI account and user profile.
Pair Mio SLICE to your phone:
- The Mio PAI app will start searching for Bluetooth devices. Keep SLICE as close as possible to your phone.
- Press the button on SLICE to enter pairing mode.
- Select the SLICE. If multiple devices appear, bring your SLICE closer to your phone. Refresh the list, then select the SLICE at the top of the list.
- SLICE will display a 6-digit code. Enter this code in the app when prompted. (On Android, you may have to pull down the notification drawer to see the prompt.)
- Your SLICE is now paired.
After pairing, the app will update SLICE if a newer firmware version is available. Keep the Mio PAI app open and your SLICE close to the phone. The SLICE screen will be blank until the update is complete. Do not navigate away from the PAI app during this time.
For accurate heart rate monitoring, fasten Mio SLICE snugly, about 1-2 finger widths above your wrist bone.
Mio SLICE has one button, which can be pressed in two ways:
- Scroll to next screen
- Dismiss a notification
- Enter Workout Mode
- Exit Workout Mode
Scroll through your daily activity metrics on Mio SLICE:
Sleep activity is automatically tracked when you wear your SLICE to sleep.
These values reset to 0 at midnight each day. Open the Mio PAI app to see your 7-day progress and to review each day in more detail.
Use Workout Mode to record an activity session. You can review metrics and a heart rate graph specific to the activity session in the Mio PAI app.
You’re ready to go!
For FAQ’s or to download the full user guide, please visit our support site.