Getting Started with Mio ALPHA 2
1. Activating & Charging
A. Left Button
B. Right Button
C. Heart Rate (HR) Indicator Light
Press and hold any button to activate. Mio ALPHA will prompt you to set the date and time, then to enter your weight, height, gender, and year of birth. Press B to increase or change the displayed value. Press A to confirm and proceed. Note: please press firmly in the middle of the button, not on the upper or lower edge.
- Make sure your Mio ALPHA and USB charger are completely dry.
- Plug the USB charger into the USB port of your computer.
- Align the charging pins on the back of Mio ALPHA to the charging pins on the USB charger
2. Setting Up Your ALPHA 2
Download the Mio GO app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
Need some clarity? Watch the How to Set Up & Use Mio GO video.
1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. Ensure your ALPHA 2 is not connected to your phone’s bluetooth. If it is, click on ALPHA 2 and select Forget this device. Within Mio GO, select your Mio ALPHA 2 from the list of devices found.
2. Turn on the Bluetooth function of your smartphone.
3. Setup your profile.
4. On the Workout screen, tap the heart icon in the upper right-hand corner to connect your Mio device. Then, select your device. You can tap your device name to customize. When you’re done customizing your device, tap Done to save your settings.
3. All-Day Activity Tracking
Your ALPHA 2 must have firmware version 1.05 or higher to enable Activity Tracking. Check your Mio ALPHA 2 firmware version in Mio GO, at the bottom of the device Setup screen.
If your firmware version is lower than 01.05, update your firmware by following these instructions for iOS and for Android.When the firmware update is complete, enable Activity Tracking in device settings in Mio GO and sync to your ALPHA 2 so it can start capturing your daily activity.
Your Mio ALPHA 2 is now ready to use!
When Activity Tracking is enabled, Mio ALPHA 2 tracks and displays steps, calories, distance, and goal progress. You can customize your goal in Mio GO.
To review All-Day Activity Tracking data on your Mio ALPHA 2, press (A). To scroll through your activity tracking data, press (A) again.
The values are reset to 0 at midnight each day. ALPHA 2 calculates calories from midnight, based on your profile information. The body consumes calories even while at rest, so you may see calories on your device before you put it on in the morning.
4. Heart Rate Monitoring: Wearing the Mio ALPHA 2
1. Tighten your Alpha
To get accurate heart rate, wear ALPHA 2 snugly, about 2 finger widths above your wrist bone. The optical sensor on the back should make good contact with your skin.
- If you have a smaller wrist, wear ALPHA 2 higher on your forearm.
- For cyclists or users with concave wrists, wear ALPHA 2 higher and on the underside of your forearm.
We recommend warming up for a few minutes before you begin to track your heart rate, particularly if you have cold hands or poor circulation.
Note: Wash Mio ALPHA 2 regularly with mild soap and water. Make sure to allow both your arm and ALPHA 2 to dry completely before resuming wear.
- Turning on Heart Rate
Find your heart rate by pressing and holding (B). Hold your arm still while Mio ALPHA 2 searches for your heart rate.
If you see “--” on your display, press and hold (B) to stop heart rate mode. Check watch placement and start over (See Heart Rate Monitoring: Wearing the Mio Alpha 2).
- Recording your Workout
Start: Once your heart rate is showing, press and hold (B) to record your workout and start the timer.
Scroll: Press (A) to scroll through workout metrics.
Lap: To take a lap time, press (B).
Pause: Press and hold (B) to pause the timer. Press (B) again to resume.
End Workout: Pause your workout (see above), then press and hold (B) to end your workout.
5. Reviewing your Stats
On your ALPHA 2
Press (A) at any time to review the data of your current or most recent workout. If Activity Tracking is enabled, ALPHA 2 will display your activity tracking data instead.
Sync to Mio GO App
You can also review your all-day activity and workout data in Mio GO. Open Mio GO and connect to your ALPHA 2. Your data will automatically sync. Alternatively, you can perform a manual sync by pulling down the Activity History screen.
Introducing the Mio PAI App
PAI is the first metric and app that allows you to easily understand your heart rate data, allowing you to quantify the benefits of physical activity.
This is the first release of PAI, and we're still working out the kinks. If you have feedback or need help with PAI, please visit support.mioglobal.com or email email@example.com.
Connecting to Other Apps & Devices
Your ALPHA 2 can transmit heart rate to many iPhone and Android fitness apps through Bluetooth Smart® (4.0) Technology (BLE).
6. Care and Cleaning your Mio Device
• Wash your device regularly with mild soap and water - regular cleaning is necessary to prevent skin irritation.
• Make sure you allow both your arm and device to dry completely before resuming wear.
• Avoid scratching the device to protect your device from damage.
• Do not expose the Mio ALPHA 2 to strong chemicals such as gasoline, cleaning solvents, acetone, alcohol, or insect repellents. Chemicals can damage the seal, case, and finish.
• After exercising, rinse Mio ALPHA 2 with tap water and gently dry with a soft cloth.
• If your skin becomes irritated, wear Mio ALPHA 2 on the other arm or discontinue wearing until the irritation clears.
7. Product Updates & Safety Information
Register your Mio ALPHA 2 at mioglobal.com/register to receive important product updates.
Wash Mio ALPHA 2 regularly with mild soap and water. Make sure to allow both your arm and ALPHA 2 to dry completely before resuming wear.
Be sure to consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
While your Mio device provides accurate heart rate measurements, it is not a medical device. The Mio ALPHA 2 and USB charger contain strong magnets. If you use a pacemaker, a defibrillator or other implanted electronic device(s), consult your doctor before using Mio ALPHA 2 or any other Mio device.